Well, well, well... I had no idea that so many people read the blog, until I took a little break. So,... for all that have been wondering - here's our update.
I was getting ready for our very first dance competition. Well,... technically not Lexi's, but her first one on Gold, and mine as a Co-Director.
About a week before contest day, my computer crashed. Which was HORRIBLE! We had not received the final contest schedule, I still had not finished registering our solos and duet,... etc.... Luckily, my neighbor was nice enough to let me come to her house and get some work done over there. So,... our computer is STILL not fixed, only because there has been no time. And,.... I do not want to download pictures on someone else's computer. So, pics will be coming soon!
Then,... my car started giving me trouble. It is still under warranty (YAY), but there are no more Isuzu dealerships in the area - so I need to go to Waco or San Antonio. So,... again,... it still isn't fixed :(
About 3 days before contest, I was helping make these banners and posters to hang in our dressing room to help the girls stay motivated. Cooper got up from quiet time and wanted to help out. I decided it would be a good idea to cover the floor with a roll of plastic so Cooper would keep our floors clean. I opened the closet door in the living room, grabbed a roll f plastic, and my hand touched it and it was SOAKING wet~!!! What?!?!
After some investigation, I realized that the hot water heater was leaking in the garage and the water was coming into the living room closet.
Cooper and I cleaned out the closet (all of our board games are in there), and we put them in the spare bedroom.
Needless to say, Clarence has tried his very hardest to fix the hot water heater and looks like we will need to buy a new one :(
So,.... back to the day of contest... I had been SO nervous that I hadn't been sleeping good. Once we got there though, I realized that there was NOTHING in my control! I was able to relax and really enjoy the day! The girls did great, Lexi was awesome, and CP & I had a BLAST!! A BIG thank you to Suzie for being Lexi's "fake mom" - she helped get Lexi ready & I couldn't have done it without her!!
Even though there is craziness going o, it is only with material things. I am really so blessed to have everyone healthy, that Clarence has a job, that I am able to enjoy all that God has given us. Everything else will just fall into place :)
2 comments:
Wow, yes you have been busy. It sounds like you have had your hands full. But, yes those last few sentences are the absolute TRUTH. You have a beautiful family....we love y'all.
you have been busy girl! i am so glad that the competition went well. what a milestone as a co-director! you can now do anything ;) sorry about the water heater and car...if it isn't one thing it is another. good luck with everything! glad to see you back to blogging.
Post a Comment